generative modeling for Rhino
The next release of Grasshopper is now available for download.
You need Rhino4 SR9 or a recent Rhino5 Beta to run Grasshopper.
Note that you need the most recent Microsoft Runtimes to be able to run Grasshopper. You can download the latest runtimes from the Microsoft Website and be sure to get the 32-bit ones (vcredist_x86.EXE).
This release features fairly minor fixes and updates, to wit:
what about checking if the target location is within the current view before pasting?
would be so nice to copy... navigate... paste to the center of the current view (if the previous location is no longer within the viewport)
i want to know when the Voronoi3d components appear,Thank you very much!
Thanks again David.
Had to roll back to 51 because of some plug-in compatibility issues, but I have a few comments/questions that have been on my mind for a while. Probably forgetting some.
1) You are able to write an expression for parameter components, but as of yet I haven't found a variable that doesn't throw an error. For an "Integer" parameter, for instance, neither "Int" nor "7" works. :)
2) I know Clusters is still probably on the list for a major overhaul. But in the meantime... is it possible to add edit functionality that will actually update the component in the original definition?
3) Along separate lines... can we please please have edit user object capabilities? I find that now and then I want to edit one of my user objects and then I am forced to recluster, re-assign icon, rewrite description, re-add to user objects, etc. Would love to be able to just edit.
4) I'm getting used to the middle mouse menu... but I still don't like it. I don't find that it adds any real functionality or time savings, in fact I am generally faster at grabbing the icon from the menu bar I think. I don't think it's about how difficult it is to teach to newbies, for me it's more about making something more complicated than it needs to be. Also, the modal buttons don't really want to be buried in a hidden menu. If your solver is locked, for instance, you should see that modal toggle at all times. We had a student who had inadvertently locked his solver and it took a few minutes of debugging to discover what had happened, since the button is hidden in the spider-menu.
5) Any progress on Remote Control Panel or a custom Control Panel Mode as in Max/MSP?
I'm sure there are other things, but those are the biggest ones off the top of my head.
1) the expression is used to post-process the data inside the Parameter. If there is no data in the parameter then the expression won't even be called. If there is data in the parameter, then the expression "7" will set all values to 7.
Int is not a valid expression because Int is a function in the expression language, therefore it must always be accompanied by brackets and an argument "Int(3.6)" for example, or "Int(x + 0.5*x)". (I know it's confusing that Int is both a function and the default name of the integer parameter, I'm working on a solution).
2) Unfortunately there's no "in the meantime" when it comes to clusters. Being able to edit them in-situ is probably the most important lacking feature at the moment. Once I have a month and a half or so of free schedule I'm going to try and make that work.
4) Yeah me too. I'll need to make the contents of the Radial menu and the Canvas toolbar customizable, and probably change the default buttons.
5) Nope, like with clusters, I need some continuous free time to work on it, and I've been travelling too much this year.
I decided to install Rhino5 after I installed this latest release. I tried re-installing grasshopper again after I installed rhino5. However it does not work. How do I do a clean uninstall of grasshopper?
Grasshopper can be uninstalled via the Windows Control Panel. But what is it you're trying to accomplish exactly? If you're trying to load Grasshopper in Rhino5 all you have to do is type in the _PluginManager command, select the Load... button and find the GrasshopperPlugin.rhp file.
Thanks for the info. Working now.
why does my Grasshopper/rhino crashes when I want to open the preferences.
My cursor disapears in the forum.
And I can not copy and past with shortcuts in Grasshopper anymore.
"why does my Grasshopper/rhino crashes when I want to open the preferences."
I don't know. Is there an error message before the crash?
"And I can not copy and past with shortcuts in Grasshopper anymore."
Several menu shortcut problems have been reported. Please check whether you can still copy paste via the menu directly. If it turns out only the shortcuts don't work, please follow the instructions on this page: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/menu-shortcut-bug