Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

running xp64 on pc, I've been trying to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1 (yes, 32bit version) but keep getting this annoying error:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

it's looking for vcredist.msi

then it tells me: error 1714 the older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable cannot be removed. contact your technical support group.

I've tried this possible solution to no avail.

I've also tried installing the 2010 redistributable first, then the 2005 sp after that, to no avail.

when I try manually removing any versions of Microsoft Visual C++, I get the same error message. it tells me:

"the installation source for this product is unavailable. verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

I have full admin access to my machine.

anyone got any more possible solutions before i try bringing my outside IT support into this?

obviously, until i get this resolved, the newest gh won't load for me. this makes me sad.

thanks,

robert

Views: 2054

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robert,

I'm afraid I cannot be of help here. It sound like something is seriously borked with the VCRedist versions.

If you have Rhino5 you can probably use GH there, as Rhino5 makes sure that all redistributables are correctly installed.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

ok thanks David. i'll see what my IT guy can do for me and then maybe it's finally time for me to think about Rhino5 finally.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want to run Rhino v5 it might require an operating system upgrade.  The reason for no XP64 bit support might of course be related to the issue you are experiencing.

http://news2.mcneel.com/scripts/dnewsweb.exe?utag=&group=rhino&...

yah its probly time i got going with a new OS as well.

let the pain of a new system build begin!

I have the same problem you have.And I do not know what to do?):

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service