Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

When I select components on grasshopper and press delete with my keyboard it will say "delete" on the Rhino tab but won't delete the latter on grasshopper (Windows7 x64 Rhino 4 GH0.9.0061).

To actually delete the components on GH I have to go to the edit folder each time which is a bit less straight-forward.

Many thanks,

Arthur

Views: 23353

Replies to This Discussion

Same problemo Here!!!

I must say, I am still having this issue even using 8.0051.

Can't delete using the button :(

Hi David,

Really sorry to come back with this issue, I am now having troubles when hovering on components (output and input): Grasshopper does not display anything when doing so.

Deleting, copy pasting is also only happening in Rhino not GH when GH is open.

Sometimes I get lucky and it works but I still can't understand the pattern.

Hope this is solvable. 

Many thanks,

Arthur

Have the same -delete glitch. But I just found a pattern, which solves the problem for me. (Windows7 x64 Rhino 4)

1. Click - Show desktop button on taskbar (Rhino and Grasshopper window minimizes)

2. Click one more time - Show desktop button (Rhino window restores, but Grasshopper window is not)

3. Just double click Grasshopper window to maximize it, and the problem disappears.

That's the first time anyone found a way to explicitly fix the problem. Interesting.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

I'll post it to FAQ section. Thanks!

This completely worked for me! Thanks!

WOW it works!!! Thanks a lot Maxim.

Somehow with GH 9.0061, the "show desktop" button does not minimize Grasshopper anymore, only Rhino, which prevents the GH canvas to react to my keyboard again. Is your technique still working with it Maxim? Did anyone find an alternative? This is slowing down my workflow a lot unfortunately.

cool

I've been using Fn + Delete - works and I've gotten used to it.  

FYI - this is on a bootcamped Mac keyboard, in Rhino 4 and 5.  I figured this issue was just a problem amongst the Mac people, since on my office PC (desktop) the delete key works in GH ...  

also noticed that very rarely and after long working sessions some keyboard command always respond to rhino and not any more to the grasshopper window - no matter which is active.

like it was said above restarting both solves the problem. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service