Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I made this script for capturing screenshots to files automatically. You can create image file ( bmp, tga, jpg, pcx, png, tif ) from current view with using Rhino -ViewCaptureToFile

I used this for making sequence for animation Alphabetical Echo

Note:

- Write to PathToFile like C:\Users , without final "\"
- Extension can be bmp, tga, jpg, pcx, png or tif
- Don't forget to set Activate to  "False"  before close the GH file

UserObject:  Current View Capture.ghuser  | UserObject lies in User/Default menu
Example GH file:  Current View Capture.gh

Views: 9455

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

nice, thank you!

Great video, especially liked the audio, which is often neglected...

cbass

Thanks

Wonder if there is any instructions for using this ?

Tx

Sivam

can you show how this works? i can only make one frame, since it's a toggle. How did you do the animation? 

You can use Timer and Counter by Kangaroo, SPM or Firefly for create new name. When name change (if Activate is True) new file is created.

See example of definition

Attachments:

Great tool. I made a slight change to the code so that when you set the boolean to true, it checks if the file name already exists. If it does it appends a number to the name. This way you can create multiple capture files. For example:

filename-0.png

filename-1.png

filename-2.png

Code I added:

'Dim FullName As String = PathToFile & "\" & FileName & "." & Extension
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim FullName As String = PathToFile & "\" & FileName

While File.Exists(FullName & "-" & i & "." & Extension) = True
      i = i + 1
    End While

FullName = FullName & "-" & i & "." & Extension

...another possibility is to add a timer along with an additional input for the time interval.

Dan

This is a useful change but I don't added this function because it is limiting way of numbering. In one may case I need use numbering as 001,002,... but in another case I need A,B,... I decided that more flexible means are creating file name separately from this component.

I'm new to GH but I know there are a number of uses for this tool. There are probably a hundred ways it could be modified for any number of purposes. It was great that you create it.

Could be due to the space in the folder name. (just thinking out loud here...) try "New_Folder"

Hmm, you're right, I don't get it either. Worked with an existing folder using the full path: "C:\Documents and Settings\" etc,
but not with "new folder" nor with "newfolder". Confusing indeed.
Let's see what Eduard says.

It don't work only with "C:\Users\Stark\Desktop" path or with all paths, example "C:\NewFolder"?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service