Another request, though minor - could there be something to tell you that there is data flowing out of a component to a data receiver? I just started using the data receiver which has really cleaned up my screen but I fear that I might delete pieces that appear not to be doing anything - those components with no wires leaving them
Hi David, I dont know if this is still the right place for feature request, but I would like to ask if there will be the possibility to set canvas transparency (so to see Rhino windows below). When working on grammars with a lot of components it becomes a bit time consuming to switch from full-screen Grasshopper to Rhino to check effects and then back, especially when not just tweaking parameters but testing components and pipeline. Working with grasshopper window in half screen is quite an handicap in these cases...
In addition, if the canvas transparency setting can be done, it would be really great to have an hotkey (or toggle) to switch from Grasshopper window navigation to Rhino window navigation (always thinking about using GH in fullscreen mode with Rhino in the background).
I have the following requests:
1. A lock for a slider so that once you have found a value which works best with your model, you can lock it. More than once I have changed the values trying to move/align the sliders.
2. Ability to create component groups which can be locked, enabled/disabled, collapsed/expanded, moved, previewed etc. together. For example, my definition is comprised of a number of more or less independent definitions. Some work perfectly and other I have to work on. I want to be able to "put away" the parts that I know work very well. I want to lock them (so that I cannot inadvertently delete a connection to a data reciever and not realize) and collapse them (to save screen space) but turn them on and expand them again in a few clicks if needed.
3. Vector preview
4. object highlighting that would work in both directions: If I select a component in GH, it highlights it in the Rhino view. It would be cool if I could select something in the Rhino view and find it in my GH definition.
5. Another point about highlighting: The fact that every curve etc. is duplicated with every component added causes me to spend a lot of time to turn off the preview of a curve as I have to sequentially trace every component that has the preview on and is expressed in the Rhino view. Moreover, several times it happens that when I select a component and expect a curve to highlight, it wont because it is overlaid by the same curve through another component. All this causes some inconvenience and loss of time. One approach could be to say that irrespective of the draw order, when a component is selected, its representation shall be visibly highlighted. I am not sure if this is possible but I thought I should bring it to your notice.
Just adding my thoughts on the points that you have listed
(1) Once you have found the optimum value, maybe you can change the slider to a number or a text component with the value that you found.
(2) There used to be a cluster feature that collapses all the component that you have chosen to a single component but that is currently unavailable in the latest version. As to locking it, I have asked for this in the past.
(4) Yes I would second this. With large grasshopper documents, I sometimes find it such a chore to figure out which component is displaying the graphics.
(5) ditto as above.
I really like the bitmap component, but it would be even greater if there were inputs for the x- and y-domains. Now you need to go into the menu and change the domain manually each time the number of points changes etc.
in the bake attributes options, can you add an option that bakes the color of the object -- i suppose you would have to set it up so that in rhino-space each object's display color is set to the rgb value in the shader component. not sure how simple this would be or if this has already been requested, but i think it would be excellent for something like this:
if u would draw connection from shortcut GH will draw wire from original component (no wire from shortcut). it will be very useful if working on a declaration where u always connect to original component.
not sure if this is still the place to make requests, but it should be helpful to have them in one place...
can the 3d text tag component be given a geometry output so it can be manipulated? this would open up the possibility to project text onto a surface, change the color, rotate based on a varying angle, etc etc.