Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Join us in congratulating David Rutten who won a ACADIA 2012 "Innovative Research Award" on Saturday night in San Francisco. Over 400 enthusiastic ACADIA Awards Dinner attendees cheered as David's Acceptance Speech was projected in the nave of the CCA / California College of the Arts. Congrats David!!!

Quoting the Press Release:

The selection of David Rutten for the award in Innovative Research recognizes his profound impact to architecture and computation as the developer of the Logical Modeling plug-in, Grasshopper, for the Rhinoceros 3D CAD application. Grasshopper has been pivotal to the transformation of parametric design practices over the past five-plus years.

The Grasshopper environment is notable for empowering its users to generate behaviors and associations in digital models without the need to know conventional scripting techniques. Through the creation of this program, as well as Galapagos, he has made parametric design and system optimization easily accessible, and usable, to thousands of academics and practitioners. Mr. Rutten is known among his peers for being remarkably generous with his time. He provides continuous assistance to Grasshopper users through his tireless involvement on the Grasshopper blog and has remained actively supportive of the ACADIA community for many years.

Views: 8829

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations David ,  no  one deserves this price more than you !!! 

Congratulations David!! I have no enough time to even start to describe the many different ways in which your amazing work has expanded my designs and my mind. You absolutely deserved the price! Hope your grandma's birthday was fun!

Bravo David! Well-deserved award.

GH is a tool that helps users go beyond the tool itself which is why I love it. It teaches math, physics, computer science...etc... It blurs boundaries between left and right brain, architects and engineers, boat makers and jewelers. It is fun and friendly and brings people together!  

For all of this and for your amazing generosity, THANK YOU!

PS: 200 paces = 400 gradūs

I sould say Congratulations but maybe is most relevant to say you
THANK YOU !!!! for all!!!

Really the most deserve Award in Years!!!!

all the best for you, for the entire gh team and for the grasshopper community!!!!!!.

Congratulations! Thumbs up for this great honor! Enjoy it!

Hi David,

It's great to hear your work is admitted publicly.

Congratulation!

Congrats. I hope your vast quantities of newly purchased wine will go some way towards a toast for your generosity and genius.

I think Scott captured your essence remarkably well when accepting the award on your behalf.

FELICITACIONES...TE LO MERECES....Y GRACIAS POR HACER NUESTRO TRABAJO MAS ENTRETENIDO!!!!

GENIO

David, Congratulations -- an honor that's well deserved. You make teaching being creative much easier. We use Grasshopper in our high school 3D modeling classes every quarter. Many of our students rate this as their favorite unit. Many say it is because they can 'try' many possible solutions.

I am looking forward to spending more time in the near future taking the digital GH models into the physical world with laser cutters and 3D printers. You make our world more inresting. Thanks. DW

congratulations
  David Rutten
for all the effort and time.

Grasshopper is getting better week by week! Your work is amazing, keep going on! 

Congratulation!!!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service