Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

Having issues copying a brep from one plane to (two)plane(s).

I have a brep I want to copy from the TrunkPlane to  the BranchPlanes:

I am obviusly doing something wrong(Acces the planes in the loop).

Maybe somebody think its worth a look.

Ah, and also the planes are in the wrong place:

Best

Views: 3115

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Generative Components looks really nice too, GH similar surface, probably not so difficult to switch, I am hoping by learning c# be able to switch even easier one day since I am really interested in engineering stuff.

Rhino is nice and intuitive and the support here in the forum by David and the members is incredible but I reach sometimes at the point a closed surface/mesh etc. is needed and the boolean operations are just insufficient.Still not sure which program to switch over.

Didnt knew Birdsair,seems they do a lot of nice stuff.My interest for engineering begun when I was introduced to the work of Schlaich Bergermann und Partner and the stadion roofs they realized for the world cup 2014 in Brazil - and obviusly  by the work  of Frei Otto.

Coming back to the crude (sardine reality), hehe.

Was frankensteining a little bit, and found out the block thing is a big fat "$$%§ sardine , found this thread :

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/create-block-manage-block... trying to get behind the logic, but its to early for me to do this.

So I was deleting the parts of your work till I got to the point assign each block his appropiate scale(where to I do this? was trying it in line 109)

maincode:

functions:best

and the sardine moussaka file...

Attachments:

found the error, do not understand why I need to declare double scaleFactor;

and pTo initializes itself.

regards!

and also humans scale right, sardines ways to big:

Humans scale right because the 1 refers to the start line (2.1) . For inquiring the instance PRIOR placement see below

Hold your horses: The Merciless Lord (King of SardineLand ... blah, blah) never gives you the FULL solution because the only way is the hard way (survival of the fittest etc etc).

Back to critical sardine matters:

Load the Rhino file and then load the def: We have 3 sardines as instance definitions (but only one is approved by The Lord) that are - obviously - placed at 0,0,0 (always do that) BUT they differ in size etc etc.

Using the hint in the GH thingy provided by what means can we solve the "adjust" to a given line scale issue?

Answers to: The Lord . blah, blah

Attachments:

BTW: Also mastermind a way to "map" the usual instance definition plane (0,0,1) to the planes derived from the tree like graph. Meaning that prior to anything (scale, plane to plane etc) a suitable transformation must be used.

That way you don't have to prepare a different instance definition (say "along" Z ) per case.

Other that that spot the fact that the box is placed differently (with regard 0,0,0) for each instance definition. What this means?

Here's the relative sizes of the tree (start: 2.1 m) and some sardines (i.e the sum of RhinoObjects contained within a given Instance Definition named "sardine_xxx") ... meaning that some "adjustment" is required here. That's especially true for the forthcoming case: the SardineMembrane_V1 where highly trained sardines hold in place Birdair's finest stuff.

And if we do this, this (and that) we can safely claim that the impossible is done (the notorious sardine tree, that is):

From lines (real time):

To yummy slightly used sardines (real-time):

Pure nuclear science if you ask me.

Hey Peter thanks for the hints, was away these days tomorrow I can start.Was thinking of how to "Also mastermind a way to "map" the usual instance" .Will let you know if me occurs something, letzs see what you say.

Was just asking me the clash-thing, must be really difficult compared to therest of this.  Just to imagine, is it a custom function I call in the main code looping through the list of existing items.checking  item per item?

Clash handling tops the List of the most challenging things in parametric adventures.

A hint: assume that you do a W MERO KK truss where the top and bottom layers are randomly deviated from a "normal" grid (say from dividing a surface etc etc).

Assume that you can measure angles (via trigonometry: easy) using connectivity trees and having in mind the real-life items that compose that truss (not easy). Obviously these real-life items are sardines ... er... hmm ... no ... actually they are instance definitions (in most of cases nested) of tubes, cones, sleeves, nuts, bolts, cats and dogs.

Assume that you can locate the clash events (easy).

By what means can you alter/fix things? In other words: clash handling is somehow the "alter ego" of individually controlling items in collections.

Moral: Forget it for the moment.

hi Peter,

got the sardineTree ready to harvest, dont know why it didnt worked for me friday was really easy to fix."Pure nuclear science if you ask me."Shit happens sometimes...

Now I am trying to frankenstein all together as I wanted in the beginning, hehe nearly forgot it.

(Rotating every new branch 90° blabla), should be not too difficult.

Reagrding to your last comment, I see this not as exercise for something to be built. Just to learn the clash thing. Obviusily it would be ways nicer do it as you described but I know that is far away from what I can reach at the moment.

When you say "... locate the clash events (easy)." So just put in the Tree when no intersection happens.

Maybe later I can ask you to give an example of how to do this.

Below: image of SardineTree ready to get harvested

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service